Brief description of the project and desired results
The main objective of the project is the design and development of an integrated platform for the composition, reproduction and distribution of interactive experiences (scenarios) in the cultural sector. As an interactive experience we define a scenario for interactive storytelling that exploits innovative technologies and multimedia content.
The platform addresses commercially in cultural organizations such as libraries, museums, conservatories and spaces for children, schools, etc. These organizations will have the opportunity to create interactive experiences or just to reproduce experiences from others.
In general, addresses in two special groups of visitors-users:
- Children and students who will interact with diverse cultural subjects through interactive internet services and
- Tourists who want to meet the history and the culture of the place that are visiting through an interactive multimedia presentation
Basic components of ORCHESTRA platform(suite):
- Internet appliances and technologies for context awareness that will allow interoperability
- Internet appliances and technologies for the reproduction of multimedia material (sound, picture, 3D, video, text-to-speech). These devices may be projectors, monitors, sound systems etc.)
- An integrated software platform that allows the interconnectivity of the above diverse internet appliances that are installed in the space of reproduction as well as their “orchestration” in interactive experiences for use by visitors based on the implemented scenarios. The platform will be pro-installed in a device with certain technical characteristics (Orchestra appliance)
- An environment for the easy creation of these scenarios (Orchestra Storyteller) to be used by the space administrators without the need of specialized technical staff. This environment will provide the desired flexibility to the creators of these scenarios to exploit the capabilities of the platform. More the less, a simulation environment (Orchestra Scenario Simulator) for the quality control of the produced scenarios before their distribution to the real environment.
- A methodology for the creation of interactive experiences for the visitors of difference cultural spaces, including the evaluation of these experiences and templates
- An internet space for the promotion and sale of the produced experiences (Orchestra Gallery)
Co‐financed by the European Union and Greek national funds through the Operational Program Competitiveness, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, under the call RESEARCH – CREATE – INNOVATE (project code:Τ1EDK-02095)